Friday, September 12, 2014

If I appear to be dragging out my Herb of the Day, I am. I know much more than I realized, and you know me: I love to share. Enjoy!

Long, long ago and not that far away, in the City of Atlanta, my younger sisters introduced me to my first health food store. I was fascinated by all the dried herbs. And they were all so cheap. It was self-serve and just, oh, so very hip.

I was probably reading Back to Eden, by Jethro Kloss at the time. Anyhow, I found out that it would help me with menstrual cramps so I gave it a try—made some tea. That is to say, I boiled some dried Ginger, sweetened it and enjoyed it. I returned to it often. I also noticed that it warmed my body.

 
Ginger gives a nice taste to coffee and black tea. A favorite blend of mine is Ginger, Peppermint, Rosemary, ‘catalyzed’ by a bit of crushed Cayenne. It is a really great energy drink, wakes you up and a host of other good things.

This is my post for today. Thank you for your time and attention.
Sandra Teresa Davenport - TheHealthReverend!


LivewellToday!


Arise, and Walk! now available at www.amazon.com and www.createspace.com/4806691

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Rev on Medium

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe For Newsletters

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Image Gallery