Monday, September 22, 2014

I have my reasons for writing about Sorghum. In a short while you will understand! For now, just know that I'm really grateful that you're reading this!

Beginning of the Apothecary!
 
The sorghum plant, which is a type of grass, was introduced into the United States from Africa in the early part of the 17th century. [http://grandmaspantryva.com/mm5/graphics/00000001 /September-Scoop09.pdf]

There is a town in northeast Georgia called Blairsville. This town is famous for its Sorghum. Imagine that. If you have ever had it, you would marvel. Another thing I recall from my childhood is the big ho’cake [I think they were saying whole cake.] of white bread and sorghum for breakfast. My young uncle put butter in his. Gross.
To my immediate knowledge, Sorghum is just something sweet to eat. It does, however, have health benefits; including ‘…vitamins and minerals and is a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, thiamin and omega 6 fatty acids. [Op. cit.]

Livewelltoday! – Sandra Teresa Davenport – thehealthreverend
Arise, and Walk! now available at www.amazon.com and www.createspace.com/4806691



I learned to make a Collage
and thought You might like it!


 

Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Rev on Medium

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe For Newsletters

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Image Gallery