Thursday, September 11, 2014

Well, Friends, it's like this: I have been using and experimenting with herbs for some 30 years now.

Here recently, I turned my attention to Ginger. I have some inflammation in my body - right knee, to be exact--and Ginger is stated to be a anti-inflammatory. It is!

What I Used: My first approach was to add . Initially, just a small amount, enough to make it taste really good. Then, I added more.

What I Did: Slices of fresh ginger added to my regular daily pot O'TEA. Okay, I'll be honest: I added way too much. It was so hit and spicy I couldn't drink it! Wow.

Next time, I added just less than an quarter of the amount -- three-four slices, about 1/8 of an inch thick.

What Happened? No pain upon standing! That's correct. No pain.

What I Learned? Ginger is a bit like Chamomile and Lavender...a slow responder. From what I can tell, it takes some time to really get into your system. Once it does, good things happen for you.

I may have mentioned somewhere that my reigning favorite herb is Rosemary. I gotta tell you, Ginger is now bringing up a very close second!

Stay tuned; more on Ginger to come~


This is my post for today. Thank you for your time and attention.
Sandra Teresa Davenport - TheHealthReverend!

LivewellToday!

Arise, and Walk! now available at www.amazon.com and www.createspace.com/4806691

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Rev on Medium

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe For Newsletters

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Image Gallery