Sunday, September 6, 2015


My Walking Path - Cornelia Park

The opening question of this presentation is:

Do you want to be healed? It is also the foundation of all my seminary work. I got there and realized: the majority of us are under 30 [nearly half my age] and the majority of us were really, really sick.

Now, sick doesn’t only mean that you are working with one of the top five killers [obesity, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, cancer]. It also means that you’re not enjoying the condition that your body is in: sluggish, low energy, gas/bloating, painful joints, restricted movement. Yes, my friend, these are all sicknesses.

We will take a look at how the [especially refined, white] sugar we consume, and the amount of sleep that we [don’t] get, affects our chances of being sick, and recovering from that sickness. It’s fabulous information. We will also share some new information regarding the truly, truly great benefits of walking! It’s exciting. So for now, no matter what you’re sick with: walk! Ok? Please? At least 20 minutes at least 5 days out of 7? Please? Ok, thanks. The lady on the walker has taken care of all my excuses for not walking--ever. Again! She told me she has a few ailments and that she knows that she feels better when she walks! 

This is how we do it in My HomeTown! 
The scriptural foundation of my work is Hosea 4:6 “…people perish from lack of knowledge.” That is not good. So, proceeding from that point, we move forward to the letters: 1 Cor. 14:19: my own charge to keep, through to the dude at the side of the pool, waiting to be healed. At the closing, the opening question is repeated: Do you want to be healed? If you do, after learning a few very simple, basic, beginning principles of health and wellness, ‘Arise, and Walk!”

Attached is a handbill for the first two classes – Tuesday, September 15, and 29, 2015. If you are not able to attend, please forward this information to someone you know who might benefit. Following each class, I will post summaries on both this blog spot and my linkedin account. Please stay close, and as always, livewelltoday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Rev on Medium

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe For Newsletters

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Image Gallery