Friday, January 8, 2016

Local Grown Honey and
BeesWax Candle
It is coming nigh to my bedtime but I must-needs post today! As you will likely recall, we are in National Hot Tea Month!. I have loved every minute of it thus far. I actually have reread some old TeaTime magazines with renewed interests. Just wait: I'll have a Tea Room of my own before you know it.

Okay, being that you, too, are embarking on your journey to the love of AllThingsTea, this is important. Sweeteners. Yes, Sweeteners. You have heard me say many times that Sugar is Not Your Friend. Not any in any of its 60+ forms. However, I want you to have a pleasant experience, so here we go.

If Tea is over-steeped [left in the hot water too long], it becomes quite strong and bitter. Even your favorite can become undrinkable. To avoid this, I suggest you first, do the obvious: Don't over-steep. If you do, just add honey. For sure. It won't take much to recover your brew. I do this sometimes, myself.

If you don't have Honey, you could Agave Nectar, Maple Syrup, Molasses or Stevia. You likely won't really dig the Molasses [although it has great health benefits]. It almost entirely takes over the taste of the Tea. Once [while on TheAtkinsDiet], I used Stevia. I disliked it so much, I took it directly and immediately back to Wal-Mart. You decide.

Also, I want to share tonight's final cup with you: Lavender and Earl Grey. Both are sedative. Lavender takes a bit longer to kick in but Earl Grey goes to work almost immediately. I had it with my dinner. It aids digestion. 

I trust you are today livingwell and surely, drinking Tea. Stay close! More to Come! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Rev on Medium

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe For Newsletters

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Image Gallery