Monday, March 14, 2016


Writing Challenge.

Today is my 4th day of the 31 day challenge that I accepted from Jeff Goins just a few days ago. The challenge was to write at least 500 words each day. However, I expanded my challenge to 500 words or 30 minutes each day. That keeps in line with my 30-day commitment to 30 minutes of exercise 30 minutes of reading and now I have 30 minutes of writing. I mentioned this in a previous post. But it’s different this time. This post is in complete tribute, gratitude and grateful acknowledgment of Jeff for what he has done for me and my future writing career.

I Am a Writer! 

I have been a writer for a long time. I also have done all those things that Jeff said that Writers do. You know, think about it, talk about it, think about it and then talk about it. If I had not accepted the challenge, I would probably still be doing that. But, I did read it and now I'm doing much better.

I've kept to my writing schedule every day. I even wrote Saturday afternoon while I was waiting for a funeral to end [Funerals fascinate me.]. Another thing that I have gotten really excited about is Google Docs Voice Typing. I mentioned it in the previous post as well, but today I understand that not only is it an exciting discovery; but it is entirely phenomenal. I laughed out loud when I realized how much I owe to technology [but that's a little bit off the point].

Deep Gratitude

The main point of this entire post is just that I am so grateful to Jeff for giving me this challenge. I also am grateful for the suggestions that he gave for creating more traffic. I have a Blog and a Blog Talk Radio which I really enjoy. I speak for 1/2 hour twice a week. 


Getting Busy!

So, as I read Jeff’s post, I made a list of people that I want to contact. That list includes Bishop Vashti McKenzie [the first woman to be elected Bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal denomination]; Dr. Jacqueline Grant [former professor of Womanist and Process Theology @ The ITC]; Dr. Eric Berg [Chiropractor], Dr. David Perlmutter [Neurologist],  Bishop TD Jakes, and Bishop Eddie Long [TV Evangelists]. These people are all in the field of religion and [alternative] medicine. I am a seminary educated ordained minister with a background in biblical principles of Health and Wellness. For the purpose of this writing, also often known as Alternative Medicine.

The list also includes Steve Harvey [who needs no introduction] and Tom Joiner [syndicated radio talk show host].

On an earlier post from Jeff, there's a list of over 2,000 blogs that I could follow. I am going to connect to at least fifty of them so that I can make myself into a guest blogger. It turns out I have an [informed] opinion on dang-near everything under the sun.

So I will continue with my daily writing. Another big thing is to return to finalize my second eBook and then tomorrow’s big thing is to create a nice cover for it and prepare it for my blog.

Thereafter, I will have [learn to] to imbed widgets to my blog to sell my books [and other stuff]. This brings us to the end of my today’s post; I hope you enjoy the pictures that I took while walking.

The goal was to walk and dictate while walking; however, that didn't happen because of the wind. It just didn't work out too well but don't worry, I'll be headed that pretty soon.  

When my 18 months have passed, I’ll be coming in close behind my NBF, Jeff! All this, right here in rural NE GA!

SandraTeresa Davenport | The Health Reverend
LiveWellToday/DrinkTeaAlways!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Rev on Medium

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe For Newsletters

* indicates required

Popular Posts

Image Gallery